Valentine's Day Mantel






I use to HATE Valentine's Day! For the longest time, I thought it was silly! Even after I got married. Just until a few years ago...I think I really didn't like any holidays! But, now I am a a sucker for decorations and items that make a house feel warmer! It started with Halloween decorations, then Christmas now Valentine's day. I don't try and go crazy but a little red and pink to lighten up our little house helps!
Here is what I did on our mantel. I found this really cute printable that I printed out and stuck in a frame! Price: FREE. This print was found at Clean & Scentsible
Right now I am all about using my resources: items around the house. I really love doing flag banners, I think they are so cute and a great idea. Instead of printing out letters, I found some tags and wrote out "LOVE" and threw some heart stickers, put a string on each and was done with that banner. Of course, I thought I needed more! I did another banner with hearts that I cut out. For my last Valentine craft I made the door piece and had left over letters. So I put together the word KISS and painted with red and pink ink!
I did find this really large "paper clip" at Michael's Crafts that I had to have. That was my one splurge for this holiday mantel! If anyone has any other great ideas, please share, I have a week left to decorate!

No comments: