Banana Bread


It seams like I bake banana bread quite often. In my household we go through so many bananas! I am always buying them! Sometimes they ripe too fast. What a great excuse to bake! Here is a new recipe I found in a book by Lou Seibert Pappas called "Coffee Cakes". I actually used a recipe that called for persimmons but inside I used banana. I think it turned out really good!


Here is my variation on the Persimmon-Ginger Cake(Banana- Ginger Cake):


1 cup of banana pulp

1 teaspoon of baking soda

1 large egg

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/8 cup of brown sugar

1 teaspoon of vanilla

1 tablespoon of melted butter

1 cup plus two tablespoons of whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup pecans

1/4 cup chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 and spray pan with cooking spray.
With over ripe bananas mash them until very liquidity (I used a blender). Add baking soda to banana mixture.
In large bowl beat egg and sugars together until blended. Sir in vanilla and banana mixture together add melter butter.
In another bowl add flour, baking soda, salt and spices into combined.
Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and bead until blended. Mix in nuts and chocolate. spread into pan evenly.
Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on oven, until cake tester comes out clean, insert in middle to test.
ENJOY.

No comments: