Brownie Cookies






I love brownies and I love chocolate cookies! What could be better than mixing the two? In Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook I found the perfect recipe for this. The cookie is  called Double- Chocolate Brownie Cookies. They tasted very similar to rich brownies but with the cookie look! The main reason I made these fabulous cookies was for a goodbye gift for an intern at my work.  He was our intern and was accepted into UCLA's school of Higher Education. I made these for him because we talked about baking different recipes to try. He will be missed by all! 

9 ounces semisweet chocolate
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar

3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup sifted flour ( all purpose)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts 

Preheat oven to 375`F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt 5 ounces of semisweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and butter on a double broiler.  Stir until smooth. Set mixture aside for about 5 minutes. 

In electric mixer fitted with paddle, beat chocolate mixture with sugar on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add eggs and mix until just incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Add the flour and salt, and beat until just incorporated. Stir in remaining chocolate and nuts if using. 

Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place about 1 1/2 apart on baking sheet. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are set and centers are still a bit soft, 9-11 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container. 

Notes: 
  • When I baked I toasted the walnuts before using them in batter
  • I sifted the flour with the salt 
  • When scooping the batter onto the baking sheets I used a small ice cream scooper to make cookies all the same size.

No comments: