P is for Penny!


This weekend I went up to Portland Oregon for my niece's first birthday! I was in charge of the cupcakes for the party. So, I turned to my cupcake book by Elinor Klivans and used the kid simple cupcake batter. I thought to go simple for a first birthday. For the frosting I used the "powdered sugar" frosting that is one the back of the blue sugar box. The cupcakes were a hit! I tinted the frosting to make a very pale pink and threw some sprinkles on top. Here is the recipe for the frosting I used.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
3 cups powdered sugar (don't be scared!)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 to 4 tablespoons of whole milk
any food color dye that fits your fancy!
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat all ingredients until creamy, smooth, frosting. Add to cupcake.

No comments: