Sunday Blues


Sunday is a day I usually get the "blues". It's my cleaning day and day to get ready for the week but sometimes it's sad to think that the weekend went by so fast. Baking normally helps me get out of the funk! My husband and I eat bananas that sometimes I wish we had a banana tree! But, we don't and sometimes the bananas get too ripe and something has to be done with them. So! I turn them into yummy banana bread. I used a recipe from The Food Network.
It's a really easy and simple recipe. Here it is:

1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs at room temp
1/2 cup of butter, at room temp
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup toasted walnuts

Sift the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Wisk the eggs and vanilla in a measuring cup with a spout. lightly brush a 9x5 x3 inch loaf pan with butter and preheat oven to 350.

In a standing mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add egg mixture into the butter while mixer is on. Add the bananas and remove from mixer, the batter with look curdled. (that's ok)

With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour until just incorporated. Fold in nuts and transfer into the pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Turn the bread out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack.

My additions:

I added about 1/4 cup of chopped dark chocolate

This was so yummy! I brought to my work and the bread was gone before lunch!

1 comment:

liz song mandell said...

the chopped dark chocolate was the best touch ever! thanks for sharing...it was delicious!

i'll eat your jujugoods any day. ;)